If you are studying unit 3 of AQA psychology and the new specification then you will also need to learn “Issues and debates”
This is covered fully on Loopa at this direct link:
The following is covered in this guide:
- Gender and culture in psychology including universality and bias:
- Gender bias (alpha bias, beta bias, androcentrism, universality)
- Cultural bias (alpha bias, beta bias, ethnocentrism, cultural relativism)
- Free will and determinism (hard determinism, soft determinism; biological, environemntal and psychic determinism). The scientific emphasis on causal explanations.
- The nature-nurture debate; the relative importance of heredity and environment in determiniing behaviour; the interactionist approach.
- Holism and reductionism: levels of explanation in psychology. Biological reductionism and environmental reductionism (stimulus-response reductionism).
- Idiographic and nomothetic approaches to psychological investigation
- Ethical implications of research studies and theory, including reference to social sensitivity.
Hope this helps!